- About HBL
- Events and Rides
- Honolulu Century Ride
- Events and Rides Calendar
- Group Rides
- Weekly Beginner Rides
- Weekly Intermediate Rides
- Weekly Advanced Rides
- Monthly Rides
- Annual Rides
- Haleiwa Metric Century Ride
- Zach's Ride in Paradise
- Find a Bike Shop
- Neighbor Island Organizations
- Report Dangerous Drivers to HPD
- Oahu Bike Map
- Oahu Bike Project
- Oahu Hill Climbs
- Report a Road Hazard
- Weekly Street Sweeping Schedule
- Six Month Street Sweeping Schedule
- Roberts Hawaii Training Video
- Mayor's Advisory Committee on Bicycling
Join a Hawaii Bicycling League cycling workshop! We have a class for every skill level, from beginners that need to learn how to balance, to veteren cyclists that want to improve their mechanical skills.
A workshop for anyone that doesn't know how to ride a bike. Students meet in a safe learning space and practice bike handling with skilled instructors. Click here to sign up!
Interested in Cycling but don't know where to start? This short presentation will cover why you should bike, how to incorporate cycling into your daily life, and how to make your ride more comfortable. We'll help you figure out what to wear while riding, how to carry things by bike, ride to the beach, and more!
Do you want to make the most of our beautiful island? Join us for Cycling Skills 101 and learn how to travel by bike! Let us show you how to safely share the road with cars in a hands on course for beginner cyclists.
This bicycling course begins with coverage of safe cycling practices in a classroom setting. Topics that will be covered include: your rights as a cyclist, rules of the road, equipment safety checks, lane positioning and more. The class then moves to a large parking area to practice riding drills and finishes with a group ride through the nearby community, combining classroom knowledge and road skills.
This course will teach students how to shift, effectively use their brakes, and pedal efficiently. It will also review bike and helmet fit. Participants will practice starting, stopping, turning and signaling. The class will culminate in a group ride. Classes will teach participants how to ride on and off bike paths and roadways.
An introductory course to teach participants how to fix a flat tire, how to clean and lubricate their chain, make minor brake adjustments and other essential bike maintenance skills.
Register for a class today:
Adult Learn to Ride is available all year for individuals wishing to learn how to ride or practice their skills in a closed environment. Please click here to register your interest in a workshop.
- Cycling Skills 101 - Saturday, October 11th 9-11am Neal Blaisedell Park
- Cycling Skills 101 - Saturday, October 18th, 2-4pm - Manoa Public Library (map)
- Basic Bike Maintenance - Wednesday, October 22nd, 5:30-7pm - HBL Office (map)
- Cycling Skills 101 - Saturday, October 25th, 9-11am - Kailua District Park
- An Introduction to Riding on Waialae Avenue, October 25th, 9-10:30 AM - Kaimuki Community Park (map)
- Cycling Skills 101- Saturday, November 8th, 3-5pm - The Bike Shop Honolulu
- Cycling Skills 101- Saturday, November 22nd, 10am-12pm - Hale Nalu Surf & Bike Shop
- Cycling Skills 101 - Saturday, November 22nd, 9-11am - Kailua District Park
- Cycling Skills 101- Saturday, December 6th, 3-5pm - The Bike Shop Aiea
- Effiicient Riding Skills - Saturday, December 6th, 9-11am - Kailua Beach Park (map)
- Basic Bike Maintenance - Sunday, December 14th, 2-4pm - Manoa Public Library (map)
- Basic Bike Maintenance - Wednesday, January 7th, 5:30-7pm - HBL Office (map)
- Efficient Riding Skills - Saturday, January 10, 9-11am - Koko Head District Park (map)
- Cycling Skills 101 - Saturday, January 10th, 9-11am - Ewa Mahiko Park
- Cycling Skills 101 - Saturday, January 24th, 9-11am - Kailua District Park
- Cycling Skills 101 - Sunday, January 25th, 2-4pm - UH Manoa Campus
- Efficient Riding Skills - Saturday, February 7, 9-11am - Waimanalo District Park (map)
- Basic Bike Maintenance - Thursday, February 12th, 5:30-7pm - HBL Office (map)