- About HBL
- Bike Laws
- Youth BikeEd
- Adult Education
- Commuter Mentor Program
- Jake Shimabukuro's PSA
- Farmers Insurance Game
- Events and Rides
- Events and Rides Calendar
- Group Rides
- Weekly Beginner Rides
- Weekly Intermediate Rides
- Weekly Advanced Rides
- Monthly Rides
- Annual Rides
- Haleiwa Metric Century Ride
- Honolulu Century Ride
- Zach's Ride in Paradise
- Find a Bike Shop
- Neighbor Island Organizations
- Report Dangerous Drivers to HPD
- Oahu Bike Map
- Oahu Bike Project
- Oahu Hill Climbs
- Report a Road Hazard
- Weekly Street Sweeping Schedule
- Six Month Street Sweeping Schedule
- Roberts Hawaii Training Video
Join a Hawaii Bicycling League cycling workshop! We have a class for every skill level, from beginners that need to learn how to balance, to veteren cyclists that want to improve their mechanical skills.
A workshop for anyone that doesn't know how to ride a bike. Students meet in a safe learning space and practice bike handling with skilled instructors. Click here to sign up!
Interested in Cycling but don't know where to start? This 1-hour talk will cover why you should bike, how to incorporate cycling into your daily life, and how to make your ride more comfortable. We'll help you figure out what to wear while riding, how to carry things by bike, ride to the beach, and more!
Do you want to make the most of our beautiful island? Join us for Cycling Skills 101 and learn how to travel by bike! Let us show you how to safely share the road with cars in a hands on course for beginner cyclists.
This 2-hour bicycling course begins with coverage of safe cycling practices in a classroom setting. Topics that will be covered include: your rights as a cyclist, rules of the road, equipment safety checks, lane positioning and more. The class then moves to a large parking area to practice riding drills and finishes with a group ride through the nearby community, combining classroom knowledge and road skills.
This 3-hour workshop will teach students how to shift, effectively use their brakes, and pedal efficiently. It will also review bike and helmet fit. Participants will practice starting, stopping, turning and signaling. The class will culminate in a group ride. Classes will teach participants how to ride on and off bike paths and roadways. This class is designed to be a follow-up from the Intro to Safe Cycling Talk and Commuter Cycling 101 classes.
A 2 hour long clinic to teach participants how to fix a flat tire, how to clean and lubricate their chain, and other essential bike maintenance skills.
Register for a class today:
Adult Learn to Ride is available all year for individuals wishing to learn how to ride or practice their skills in a closed environment. Please click here to register your interest in a workshop.
- Cycling Skills 101 - Saturday, July 19th, 9am-11am - Neal Blaisedell Park, Aiea (map)
- Cycling Skills 201 - Saturday, July 19th, 2-4:30pm - Manoa Public Library (map)
- Cycling Skills 101 - Saturday, July 26th, 9am-11am - Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam Fitness Center (map)** Must have access to Military Base
- Cycling Skills 301 - Wednesday, August 5th, 5:30-7pm - HBL Office (map
- Cycling Skills 101- Saturday, August 9th, 9:30-11:30am - Hale Nalu Bike & Surf (map)
- Cycling Skills 101 - Saturday, August 16th, 2-4pm - Manoa Public Library (map)
- Cycling Skills 101 - Saturday - August 23rd, 9-11am - Kailua District Park (map)
- Cycling Skills 201 - Saturday, September 20th, 2-4:30 pm – Manoa Public Library (map)
- Cycling Skills 301 HCR Edition - Wednesday, September 24th, 6-8pm - HBL Office (map)
- Cycling Skills 201 - Saturday, October 11th, 9:30am-12pm - North Shore - Location TBA
- Cycling Skills 101 - Saturday, October 18th, 2-4pm - Manoa Public Library (map)
- Cycling Skills 201 - Saturday, November 8th, 2-4:30pm - Manoa Public Library (map)
- Cycling Skills 201 - Saturday, December 6th, 9:30am-12:00pm - Kailua - Location TBA