- About HBL
- Bike Laws
- Youth BikeEd
- Adult Education
- Commuter Mentor Program
- Jake Shimabukuro's PSA
- Farmers Insurance Game
- Events and Rides
- Events and Rides Calendar
- Group Rides
- Weekly Beginner Rides
- Weekly Intermediate Rides
- Weekly Advanced Rides
- Monthly Rides
- Annual Rides
- Haleiwa Metric Century Ride
- Honolulu Century Ride
- Zach's Ride in Paradise
- Find a Bike Shop
- Neighbor Island Organizations
- Report Dangerous Drivers to HPD
- Oahu Bike Map
- Oahu Bike Project
- Oahu Hill Climbs
- Report a Road Hazard
- Weekly Street Sweeping Schedule
- Six Month Street Sweeping Schedule
- Roberts Hawaii Training Video
Join a Hawaii Bicycling League cycling workshop! We have a class for every skill level, from beginners that need to learn how to balance, to veteren cyclists that want to improve their mechanical skills.
A workshop for anyone that doesn't know how to ride a bike. Students meet in a safe learning space and practice bike handling with skilled instructors. Click here to sign up!
Interested in Cycling but don't know where to start? This short presentation will cover why you should bike, how to incorporate cycling into your daily life, and how to make your ride more comfortable. We'll help you figure out what to wear while riding, how to carry things by bike, ride to the beach, and more!
Do you want to make the most of our beautiful island? Join us for Commuter Cycling and learn how to travel by bike! Let us show you how to safely share the road with cars in a hands on course for beginner cyclists.
This bicycling course begins with coverage of safe cycling practices in a classroom setting. Topics that will be covered include: your rights as a cyclist, rules of the road, equipment safety checks, lane positioning and more. The class then moves to a large parking area to practice riding drills and finishes with a group ride through the nearby community, combining classroom knowledge and road skills.
This course will teach students how to shift, effectively use their brakes, and pedal efficiently. It will also review bike and helmet fit. Participants will practice starting, stopping, turning and signaling. The class will culminate in a group ride. Classes will teach participants how to ride on and off bike paths and roadways.
An introductory course to teach participants how to fix a flat tire, how to clean and lubricate their chain, make minor brake adjustments and other essential bike maintenance skills.
Register for a class today:
Adult Learn to Ride is available all year for individuals wishing to learn how to ride or practice their skills in a closed environment. Please click here to register your interest in a workshop.
- Commuter Cycling - Saturday, July 26th, 9am-11am - Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam Fitness Center (map)** Must have access to Military Base
- Basic Bike Maintenance - Wednesday, August 5th, 5:30-7pm - HBL Office (map
- Commuter Cycling - Saturday, August 9th, 9:30-11:30am - Hale Nalu Bike & Surf (map)
- Commuter Cycling - Saturday, August 16th, 2-4pm - Manoa Public Library (map)
- Commuter Cycling - Saturday - August 23rd, 9-11am - Kailua District Park (map)
- Cycling Skills - Saturday, September 20th, 2-4:30 pm – Manoa Public Library (map)
- Basic Bike Maintenance HCR Edition - Wednesday, September 24th, 6-8pm - HBL Office (map)
- Cycling Skills - Saturday, October 11th, 9:30am-12pm - North Shore - Location TBA
- Commuter Cycling - Saturday, October 18th, 2-4pm - Manoa Public Library (map)
- Cycling Skills - Saturday, November 8th, 2-4:30pm - Manoa Public Library (map)
- Cycling Skills - Saturday, December 6th, 9:30am-12:00pm - Kailua - Location TBA