- About HBL
- Events and Rides
- Bike Month
- Haleiwa Metric Century Ride
- Honolulu Century Ride
- Events and Rides Calendar
- Group Rides
- Weekly Beginner Rides
- Weekly Intermediate Rides
- Weekly Advanced Rides
- Monthly Rides
- Annual Rides
- Red Hot Ladies
- Zach's Ride in Paradise
- Find a Bike Shop
- Neighbor Island Organizations
- Report Dangerous Drivers to HPD
- Oahu Bike Map
- Oahu Bike Project
- Oahu Hill Climbs
- Report a Road Hazard
- Weekly Street Sweeping Schedule
- Six Month Street Sweeping Schedule
- Roberts Hawaii Training Video
About the Hawaii Bicycling League
The Hawaii Bicycling League (HBL), a 501(c)(3) non-profit incorporated in 1975, is the largest cycling organization in Hawai'i. Our mission is to promote bicycling for health, recreation, and transportation through advocacy, education, and events.
• Hawai’i State Bicycle Plan: HBL monitors implementation of projects of Bike Plan Hawai’i, aiming to become one of the nation’s most bicycling friendly states.
• City and County of Honolulu Bicycle Plan: HBL collaborates on the first bicycle plan covering the island of O’ahu.
• Complete Streets: HBL advocates environment design that enables safe access for bicyclists, pedestrians, transit users, and motorists.
• Roberts Hawai’i Driver Training: HBL assists Roberts with improving bus driver training especially in relation to bicycle riders and encourages industry partnerships.
• Honolulu Police Department: HBL works with HPD on enforcement of traffic laws including those that affect cyclists.
•Advocate for Victims of Car-Bike Crashes: HBL advocates for bicyclists injured in car-bike crashes.
• Transit Oriented Development: Advocating for the creation of compact, bicycle and pedestrian friendly communities centered around high quality train systems for increased mobility for all users.
• Policy: Leading the passage of Act 286, HBL elevates Hawai’i to among nation’s leaders in mandated bicycle funding.
• 4-day on-road bicycling safety course taught by HBL instructors.
• Over 90,000 4th grade students completed HBL BikeEd.
Honolulu Century Ride
• Established by HBL in 1981. Hawai’i’s largest and oldest bicycle ride, with participants from 8 nations.
• Through Hawai’i’s most scenic routes, including Waikiki, Koko Head, Makapu’u, and Windward shore.
John B. Kelly Haleiwa Metric Century Ride
• Bicycling Magazine recognizes HBL event as one of “The 50 Best Rides in the USA” in 2005.
• Along the famed North Shore, including Haleiwa town and Waimea Bay.