April 29th promises an awesome day of cycling!
The Haleiwa Metric Century Ride & Aloha Fun Ride will have riders of all ages out enjoying bicycling on the beautiful North Shore. This year, we have two special programs to ensure that every youth can participate.
Metric Century Youth Scholarship
“I want every youth that wants to participate in the Haleiwa Metric Century to be able to ride!” This is what the HMC Youth Scholarship is all about. Big Mahalo to our generous donor that made this possible (they requested to remain anonymous).
We welcome applications for the HMC Youth Scholarship by April 19th
Here are full details:
- Covers full registration for the 2018 Haleiwa Metric Century Ride
- Must be under the age of 18 and a current K-12 student
- Application must include: a paragraph on why you want to ride and why you need the scholarship, a photo of you and your bike, your full name, current school, grade, and age.
- Submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “HMC Youth Scholarship” no later than 4/19/18 Thursday 11:59pm.
- *All riders under 16 years of age must be accompanied by parent or adult guardian.
BikeEd Grads join the Aloha Fun Ride for FREE
Over 8,000 4th Graders graduate HBL’s BikeEd every year. They come out safer and more confident riders – the next generation of cyclists! And we want as many of them as possible to join us on April 29th. So all BikeEd graduates get FREE registration to the Haleiwa Aloha Fun Ride or $10 off the Metric Century Ride.
BikeEd Grads use the coupon code “BIKEED”
*Must be under 16 years of age to receive the discount and accompanied by a paying adult.
More About the Rides
Both rides: An awesome day of cycling on North Shore with the support of aid stations with refreshments and tasty snacks, mechanic assistance, and HPD special duty officers to help ensure the safest day of riding possible. Both rides start and end at Kaiaka Bay Beach Park in Haleiwa. Returning riders are welcomed back to the park with entertainment and ono food for sale.
Haleiwa Metric Century Ride: Riders starting out at 7:30am cycle up to 100km covering the full scenic North Shore. Distances of 30km, 50km, and 80km are available to meet your challenge for the day.
Haleiwa Aloha Fun Ride: Riders starting out at 8:30am head to the off-road Waialua Beach Road bike path. Riders cover 10km or 6km.