2017 TANTALUS TIME TRIAL – VIDEO COVERAGE & RESULTS POSTED
Article by Atomman Kimm
April 2, 2017
Today’s 41st annual Tantalus Time Trial was a huge success with record-breaking racers (at least in recent history) challenging themselves up the climb.
Of the 118 racers entered, 116 showed up and finished – which is a biggest Tantalus we’ve seen in many years.
A huge congratulations to the top three Women Racers overall:
* 1st Place Melissa Tallent 24:32.0
* 2nd Place Nikki Moreno 24:52.5
* 3rd Place Ingrid Hamel 26:07.0
The top five Men Racers overall who all deserve kudos for a closely fought finish were:
* 1st Place Carl Nethercutt 19:40.01
* 2nd Place Jason Smith 19:51.08
* 3rd Place Rick Beach 19:53.1
* 4th Place Bill Lezzer 20:14.4
* 5th Place Jeffrey Ling 21:10.20
Our teammate, Tony Jacang (Cam1Pro) went up the the Tree Tunnel, which is the halfway point and also the steepest-sustained grade of the course and filmed the field as they passed by. He did a quick cut and posted it on YouTube already, in two parts.
The Hill Part I – Tantalus Time Trials 2017
The Hill Part II – Tantalus Time Trials 2017
COMPLETE RESULTS POSTED AT:
Thank you to our sponsors: The Bike Shop and iL Gelato Hawaii.
Huge mahalo to the small army of volunteers who willingly long-hours to make sure that everything was in place and that there was a fun and safe race.
Thank you to all of the racers who showed their support of Bicycle Racing in Hawaii by signing up and showing up – without you there is no race.
Mahalo to HPD and the City and County of Honolulu along with the three great HPD Special Duty Officers who kept us safe.
And of course our volunteer crew leaders:
– Monique van der Aa – Head Registrar and Permitting Coordinator
– Charlie Calvet – Course Clean Up Crew
– Steve Glazier – Registration both days
– Karen Kimm (my sweetie) who baked all those ono brownies
– Mel Nakahata, General Manager of The Bike Shop, who coordinated all the hard backend stuff
– USAC Officials, Bob Bengtson & Sharon Keith – who did an awesome job keeping the playing field level
Until Next Time – a hui hou!