While we’re cooped up inside we devised a fun little competition. It involves bicycles (of course!), a bit of some strategic thinking, and your creativity.
Announcing, the “Strange Times” Strava Art Competition!
The competition starts on April 1st, 2020 and is open to all current HBL members (woohoo, member perks!).
What it is: Use Strava or MapMyRide (on your smart phone or cycle computer) to show us your biking+art skills.
You can submit multiple “art” pieces, but they have to be made by you riding a bicycle (any kind of bicycle).
Once you’re done creating your “art” and uploading your ride, take a screenshot of your art-by-bike submission.
Email your JPEG, PNG, or PDF submissions to Malia@HBL.org.
We’ll be accepting submissions until April 30th (11:59pm HST), 2020. On May 1st HBL will post the gathered submissions up on HBL’s Facebook page for people to vote on what they think is the best one. Votes will be counted as the number of “likes” received. Voting will be open for one week. You are allowed to vote on your own creation, and people can vote for multiple entries – but only one can be selected as the winner of HBL’s Strange Times Strava Art Competition! The winner will be officially announced at the end of the voting period and the winning “cyclartist” will be contacted via email.
What do you need to participate?
- Strava or MapMyRide (download either activity tracking App for free on your smart phone/device)
- HBL membership (not a current member? Renew or join at HBL.org/join!)
- A bicycle (and helmet)
- Do NOT participate in this or any outdoor outings if you are feeling sick, have a fever, or might have been in close contact with someone sick.
- When biking you MUST practice social distancing (at least 6 ft away from others).
- No cheating! Your submission must be done by you (unless otherwise noted), and by bicycle (this includes pedal-assist electric bikes, Biki bikes, mountain bikes, etc.).
- Ride responsibly. Obey all rules of the road, signal your intentions, if riding at night have proper lights, and always scan ahead.
- Do NOT stop in the middle of the road for your art. Do NOT ride your bike against the flow of traffic (unless traffic markings indicate you can). All in all: don’t ride like an idiot!
- If you are found breaking the law or not respecting the aforementioned rules, you will be eliminated from the competition.
- Please keep your artwork G-rated. (Think about the children!)
- By submitting an entry, you agree that your artwork may be posted to HBL’s social media channels, or used (with credit given) for promotional purposes.
For some seriously inspiring Strava Art from around the world, go to: www.strav.art
Think it looks easy? Give it a try and show us what you got!
* Entries accepted from April 1, 2020 through April 30, 2020 *
Click here for some insight and tips on Strava Art.
Questions about the competition? Email Malia at Malia@HBL.org.