Upcoming Solutions Meetings – all that are interested in safer streets are welcome to participate. If you’d like to receive email updates, please email Daniel Alexander at email@example.com, with “Solutions Meeting” in the email title:
- May 22 Wednesday 3:00-4:00pm – Oneawa St near Hualani St (Kailua)
- Solutions Meeting in response to 2 children hit and injured while bicycling on 3/20/19 (link to news coverage)
- June 6 Thursday 3:00-4:00pm – North King St and Kaili St (Kalihi)
- Solutions Meeting in response to where a 69 year old bicyclist, Victorio Padilla was killed on 10/4/17 (link to news coverage)
- June 24 Monday 2:30-4:30pm – California Ave near N Cane St (Wahiawa)
- June 26 Wednesday 3:30-5:30pm – Ala Moana Blvd and Piikoi St (Ala Moana)
HBL holds Solutions Meetings at crash locations where a pedestrian or bicyclist has been hit and severely injured or killed. The Solutions Meetings are meant to seek ideas and have constructive conversation on engineering, education, and enforcement actions to make the road safer for users of all ages and travel modes. We have held Solutions Meetings in Kailua, Kalihi, Kaneohe, Pearl City, Makakilo, Nuuanu, Makiki, and at multiple locations in Nanakuli and Waianae.
For each Solutions Meeting we invite representatives from the State Department of Transportation, City Department of Transportation Services, Emergency Medical Services, Hawaii Department of Health, Honolulu Police Department, and city and state elected officials, as well as family and community members.
Solutions – In the News:
- ‘Lehua Avenue Solutions Meeting bring together the city and community’ by Barry V, My Pearl City.com
- ‘City all set to make traffic safety improvements to Lehua Avenue’ by Barry V, My Pearl City.com