Hawaii Bicycling League has a mission to enable more people to ride bicycles for health, recreation, and transportation through advocacy, education, and events. Our members make our voice louder and help make positive changes happen in Hawai‘i. If you are not already a member, we hope you will join today. With both annual and sustaining membership options, there is something for everyone. To our current members, we thank you! Please consider renewing at a sustaining level or selecting auto-renewal on your annual membership.
In addition to helping make our voice stronger, HBL members receive discounts on HBL’s rides, merchandise, and events, as well as discounts at our Ride Aloha Deal partners. Mahalo for being a member! Invite your friends to join as well. Ride Aloha!
Lastly, please consider making HBL your AmazonSmile partner by clicking this link.
Join or Renew your annual HBL Membership Today!
See the great benefits offered to HBL members.
See how your business can get involved with HBL!
- Uniting as one voice for a bike friendly community with better Engineering, Enforcement, Education, Encouragement and Evaluation for bicyclists. Every member makes our united voice stronger
- Reduced registration fees on the Haleiwa Metric Century Ride, Honolulu Century Ride, and Traffic Skills 101 classes.
- HBL Member discounts on HBL merchandise
- Email news and announcements
- 5 to 10% HBL Member Discounts at your local bike store: Boca, McCully Bicycle, The Bike Shop, and BIKEFACTORY. HBL members must present valid membership cards at time of purchase. Discounts apply to regularly priced bikes, bike parts, and accessories. No discounts on service and repair labor
In the last year:
- Kalākaua Ave and Kalāheo Ave shoulder (Kailua) bike lanes were striped, Wai‘alae Ave Bike lanes were approved, and the Date St bike path was repaved
- Honolulu City & County adopted a Complete Streets Ordinance that requires all transportation facilities (including repaving) to consider all end-users, including cyclists
- The Vulnerable User’s Bill became Hawai‘i State Law, highlighting protection for vulnerable pedestrians, cyclists, and police officers on our roadways
- The Hale‘iwa Metric Century, Zach’s Ride in Paradise, and the Honolulu Century Ride all enjoyed great turnouts and the spirit of harmony and aloha among participants
- HBL supported free group rides, and conducted classes to teach adults to cycle smarter
- Our BikeEd team taught 8,002 kids at 90 schools on O‘ahu