The Keiki Learn to Ride program is designed for children ages 5 to 16, who do not know how to ride a bike. This two-hour long course goes over basic balancing techniques as well as advancing to pedals when students are ready. We practice in a secure environment so that kids and parents can feel as comfortable and safe as possible. It is highly recommended that children bring their own bicycles to feel the most comfortable, but we do understand it is sometimes hard to transport. We can provide students with a bike if they are between 3’10” to 4’10”. Training wheels are not used as a teaching method and must be removed from bicycles prior to instruction.
Covid-19 Class Updates
HBL is happy to offer workshops, free of charge, with safety and health at the forefront of every experience.
- Workshops are currently limited to 5 people per workshop
- Waivers/Liability forms must be signed by the participant prior to participation in class
- All workshop participants (instructors and students) must wear non-medical grade face masks or face shields if a medical condition prevents the use of a face covering
- Hand sanitizer will be provided by HBL. All participants and instructors will sanitize their hands and have a forehead temperature check upon arrival
- Participants will practice physical distancing (6 feet apart)
Sign up below
Classes are from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. at the Ala Wai promenade. Please wear exercise apparel and closed toe shoes, NO SLIPPERS OR CROCS.
Cancellation / No-Show Fee For cancellations/no-shows with less than 24 hours notice there will be a $5.00 cancellation/no-show fee for costs incurred. If you cannot attend your scheduled workshop, please contact HBL’s Youth Education Manager at bikeed@HBL.org or text/call (808) 741-9045 as soon as possible. Since our workshops have a limited number of open slots. A no-show deprives someone else from the opportunity to participate. As a small nonprofit trying to change the world one person at a time, we appreciate your understanding!