Love biking? Want to improve biking in Hawaii? Come work for the Hawaii Bicycling League! We’re looking for awesome people to join our team!
HBL is seeking a new team member!
Click on the link to learn more about the position.
If interested, please send resume in PDF format and completed application (click here for form-fillable application) to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line of the position you’re applying for. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Grants Specialist, Business Relationship, & Volunteer Coordinator
Responsible for identifying and seeking grant opportunities, aiding with funding proposals and business engagement, coordinating volunteers, and effectively working to achieve HBL’s mission. The Grant Specialist responsibilities include conducting prospective funding arrangement research, maintaining a calendar of submissions and other deadlines, and working with other staff to ensure reporting. The Business Relationship responsibilities include working closely with the Executive Director and other staff to establish and maintain relationships with foundations and/or corporate contacts to build a bike- and walk-friendly Hawaiʻi. The Volunteer Coordinator responsibilities include all aspects of organizing volunteers for HBL’s small and large events and actions to recruit and maintain volunteers.
- Identify funding opportunities and new program areas to match organizational priorities.
- Research and identify new government, corporate, foundations, and private funding prospects. Sourcing may involve cold-calling, contact development, and business relationship management.
- Research, identify, develop, and respond to public and private grant opportunities that further HBL’s mission.
- Work with Executive Director and applicable staff members to determine the feasibility of applying for various grants to ensure that grant is both a fit for the organization and that grant requirements can be met.
- Prepare proposals & grant applications and track prospects.
- Generate revenue for initiatives and programs through timely submission of well-researched, well-written, and well-documented grant/fund-raising proposals.
- Maintain annual calendar of grant activity and deadlines.
- Write or assist appropriate staff in writing reports to government, corporate, foundations, and other funders as needed.
- Enter grant related data in donor database and maintain current records including grant tracking and reporting.
- As requested provide updates and engage with HBL’s Board of Directors.
- Assist Fundraising Committee Meetings.
- Implement strategies and direct a fund development program to meet organization’s annual fundraising goals.
- Assist in managing foundation and corporate gifts, special events, planned giving and individual donor campaigns, including bi-annual appeals.
- Grow and develop our Volunteer program to support HBL’s mission.
- Recruit, train, and assist volunteers and interns including developing volunteer forms, online registration, managing volunteer database and recording total volunteer hours.
- Manage and lead monthly Volunteer Nights and Phone Banks, develop volunteer incentive and appreciation programs, develop leadership program for motivated volunteers.
- Develop evaluation system for member and volunteer programs, and make periodic reports as requested.
- Participate in and sometimes lead various other projects that tie directly into HBL’s mission.
- Other duties as assigned as part of HBL team.
- Experience in developing grants or other fund-raising efforts, identifying goals, timetables, program needs and funding for nonprofits.
- Experience working in events planning and volunteer management.
- Advanced knowledge with MS Office (Excel, Word), database management (SalesForce), WordPress web editing.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and good judgment in establishing priorities, multi-tasking, and problem solving.
- Possess excellent oral/written communication skills, public relations, and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced, open, team-oriented office.
- Accepting of editing, suggestions, and input from other team members.
- Demonstrate passion for creating a more bike friendly Hawaiʻi!
- Be able to lift 30 pounds and have physical stamina.
- Work flexible hours including some weekends, nights, prior to, and during events.
- Bachelor’s degree desired but not required.
This part-time position reports to the Executive Director and works closely with a team of staff, Board members and volunteers. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Applications will be reviewed starting December 14, 2018 and will be accepted until the position is filled. Please submit your resume and completed application form via email by replying to this post, including the email subject line: Grants Specialist, Business Relationship, & Volunteer Coordinator. Inclusion of a cover letter is encouraged.
Find fillable PDF application form at hbl.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Employment-Application-Form-1.pdf
We’re always looking for interns as well! Learn while helping with our events, advocacy, and education to enable more people to bicycle. Click here to learn more!