Love biking? Want to improve biking in Hawaii? Come work for the Hawaii Bicycling League! We’re looking for awesome people to join our team!
HBL is seeking a new team member!
Click on the link to learn more about the position.
If interested, please send resume in PDF format and completed application (click here for form-fillable application) to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line of the position you’re applying for. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Adult Cycling Education Manager
The position will be approximately 75% working on an established adult and senior bicycle education grant, 25% working across HBL programs to ensure the organization functions well and help achieve HBL’s mission. The position will coordinate HBL’s adult and senior cycling education that conducts on-bike and hands-on educational workshops, presentations oriented to different audiences, and tabling and other outreach to spread the education about cycling, working closely with Adult Education Administrator Malia Harunaga. The position will play a key role in helping take the lead on preparing HBL’s Annual Report, assisting in administrative work, and in assisting across HBL’s events, advocacy, and education efforts.
- Community outreach to schedule workshops (80 total workshops) and educational presentations/events (40 total) over the grant period.
- Curriculum maintenance for Senior Cycling Program with use of recumbent adult trikes.
- Curriculum maintenance for Adult Cycling Workshops for beginner to intermediate riders (and non-riders).
- Community outreach through marketing, press releases, and social media to attract students for courses.
- Course registration management.
- Teaching curriculum to adults and seniors.
- Management of volunteer and contract instructors to lead hands-on and on-bike workshops
- Equipment management (Adult Education Manager will be responsible for safely transporting and storing bicycles used in educational courses).
- Assist in planning, coordinating, and delivering bicycle education presentations oriented to different audiences including our established Beginners Guide to Cycling, Cycling in Hawai‘i, and Walk Bike Drive.
- E-mail, social media, and other marketing.
The right candidate for this position will:
- Be able to focus on accomplishing plans, goals, and objectives
- Have excellent oral and written skills
- Be a creative and motivated self-starter
- Have the ability to motivate and manage instructors
- Have experience and interest in working with a diverse range of people on a daily basis
- Be able to handle multiple tasks at once and meet deadlines
- Be able to work in a fast paced, open, team-oriented office
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrate passion for creating a more bike friendly Hawai’i & be familiar with the cycling issues
- Be computer-literate and internet savvy, with direct experience in using MS Office (Excel, Word), experience with databases, web design and editing, graphic design, social media
- Be able to lift 30 pounds and have physical stamina.
- Be willing to work flexible hours with weekends and nights, including prior to and during events
- Have a valid driver license
- Willingness to complete the League Cycling Instructor certification by the League of American Bicyclists; certification to be paid for by HBL
Desired but not required:
- Experienced, regular and motivated vehicular cyclist who enjoys bicycling for many reasons
- Certified as a League Cycling Instructor
- Undergraduate college degree (bachelors)
This full-time position reports to the Co-Executive Directors and works closely with a team of staff, Board members and volunteers. Salary is commensurate with experience.
To Apply Send your application (https://www.hbl.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Employment-Application-Form-1.pdf) via email to bicycle@HBL.org, subject line “Adult Education Manager”. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Applications will be reviewed starting May 26, 2019 and will be accepted until the position is filled. Please submit your resume and completed application form via email by replying to this post, including the email subject line: Adult Education Manager. Inclusion of a cover letter is encouraged.
Find fillable PDF application form at hbl.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Employment-Application-Form-1.pdf
We’re always looking for interns as well! Learn while helping with our events, advocacy, and education to enable more people to bicycle. Click here to learn more!