A Once-in-a-Lifetime Bike Event
OFFICIAL RIDE PERIOD:
SEPT 25TH – OCT 4TH, 2020
Registration Closed - We've SOLD OUT
Preview what you'll need to Report - Before you Ride.
Note: Data entered into DEMO will be cleared Sept 25th. ONLY miles ridden during the official ride period (Sept 25 – Oct 4, 2020) count towards your TOTAL MILES.
DEADLINE: Monday, October 5th midnight HST.
Send us your Best Photo or Video (no more than :15 seconds) showing us your journey and experiences participating in the Hawai‘i Ride of the Century.
DEADLINE: Monday, October 5th midnight HST.
HBL CURATED ROUTES
Exclusive release to Hawai‘i Ride of the Century Registered Riders
Pondering where to ride or need ideas on how to reach your ride goals? HBL has designed ride resources from members favorite routes throughout the island of O‘ahu (printable Maps, Turn-by-Turn Cue Sheets and GPS data files to upload to your device for navigation).
Ride a familiar route with a refreshed confidence of the mileage or venture out on a new route with geographic ride tools. These are NOT closed roads only resources so ride at your own risk, as you agreed upon in your ride registration. HBL can guarantee beautiful places to ride, but no route, nor HBL, guarantees your personal safety. Always bike safely at all times, ride alert, ride responsibly, and of course… have fun and Ride Aloha!
Hawai‘i Ride of the Century – where you ride YOUR Century
As a participant you’ll have 10 consecutive days (including 2 weekends) to ride and log your miles. Reach your goal all in one day or hop on your bike every day during the 10-day event (Sept 25 – Oct 4, 2020).
Ride for fun, ride for exercise, ride to rediscover why you love cycling, all we ask is you ~ Ride with Aloha.
- Bike a Century. 100 miles is A BIG DEAL and you have 10-days to complete!
- Bike a Half Century. 50 miles is A LOT and definitely requires a comfy saddle.
- Bike a Double Century. When 100 miles is just not enough and you need a challenge.
- And for the truly inspired an audacious, Trifecta 350 distance. A century combo that combines all three distances (50+100+200) for a total 350 mile distance (Better schedule your post-event massage appointment now).
Bike anywhere, any bike, anytime with anyone.
Get off the couch, pump up those tires and select your century goal. The Hawaiʻi Ride of the Century is NOT a virtual race but a real ride on your favorite routes with support along the way! Connect with riders from around the world who are also inspired to Ride with Aloha and ride with pride knowing you are supporting the non-profit Hawaii Bicycling League.
- REGISTER for the Hawai`i Ride of the Century.
- Choose your GOAL DISTANCE. Remember this is YOUR personal goal. No penalty if life happens.
- Century – 100 miles
- Half Century – 50 miles
- Double Century – 200 miles
- Trifecta 350 (all of the above) – 350 miles
- Wear your Hawaiʻi Ride of the Century official participant wristband during the 10-day ride period (to arrive by mail).
- BIKE, BIKE, BIKE from September 25th – October 4th
- TRACK YOUR MILES during the 10-day ride period. Use any tool out there (ex., Strava, Garmin, Wahoo), your mobile GPS tracker or App (ex., MapMyRide, GoogleMaps) whatever you have.
- REPORT the Total Miles Ridden to HBL as soon as you meet your century goal or no later than October 5th.
- Participation in Competitive Challenge Awards will require verifiable data.
- CELEBRATE! You achieved your Century Goal!
Every participant will receive an awesome finisher package after completing the ride!
- Beautifully designed high quality 4″ metal Hawai‘i Ride of the Century Finisher Medal
- Athletic tri-blend gender fit Hawaiʻi Ride of the Century Finisher Shirt
- Hawaiʻi Ride of the Century Commemorative Bandana made of soft and breathable microfiber
- Personalized Hawaiʻi Ride of the Century Finisher Certificate to honor your achievements
Setting a goal and then achieving it is a great prize in itself. But, having a chance to win a super prize would be nice too, right?
We’re talking to potential sponsors and donors to build our prize chest. We’ll then do random drawings of registrants to award these prizes.
Take advantage of some great support, only available to Hawai‘i Ride of the Century participants.
- Join the Hawaiʻi Ride of the Century Private HBL Facebook Group (HBL 2020 Hawai‘i Ride of the Century Riders) to engage with participants world-wide, learn about group meet-up times and locations.
- Gain exclusive access to HBL Curated Routes for riders of all levels to use to achieve your miles (rider password required).
- Find where and when Mobile Aid Stations will be roving throughout the 10 days. We’ll be carrying snacks, beverages, a pump, tools, and big smiles for you! (rider password required)
Routes and rider support will be available on the beautiful island of Oʻahu where Hawaii Bicycling League headquarters is located. If you wish to organize support in other locales, please contact us.
The Hawai‘i Ride of the Century was designed for you to set a personal biking goal and then go get it. And, we know you’ll feel great when you do! But if competition drives you (we know you’re out there) why not go for a trophy?
- Most Miles Ridden Female
- Most Miles Ridden Male
- Most Feet Elevation Gain Female
- Most Feet Elevation Gain Male
- Oldest Male Finisher
- Oldest Female Finisher
- Best “MYHIROC” Photo
- Best “MYHIROC” Video
- Farthest from Hawai’i Finisher (by ride location)
- Team with Largest # of Registered Riders
- Team with Highest Average Miles Ridden
Winners receive a beautiful Hawai‘i Ride of the Century trophy and special recognition.
All riders are eligible for any challenge trophy, in more than one category, regardless of how many miles ridden.
Competitors in the distance, elevation and age categories are responsible for providing us with information that undeniably proves their rides. Click here to Submit Photo/Video – submission deadline October 5, 2020.
The Hawai‘i Bicycling League depends upon Sponsors and Donors. And, The Hawai‘i Ride of the Century is our Major Fundraising Event.
Why Sponsor the Hawai‘i Ride of the Century?
- Reach loyal consumers and active adults
- Build your brand or promote your product or service
- Contribute to the growth of cycling
Contribute to the growth of cycling if you care about:
- Safer streets for children, adults, and kupuna
- A healthier and happier community
- A more sustainable Hawai‘i
- Less traffic and pollution
- Teaching those who bike, drive and walk how to be safer on our roads
- Advocating for issues that matter
Let us know if you can help by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or call 808-347-0833
What You Need To Know?
The Hawai‘i Ride of the Century is a worldwide event, so we want everyone to be able to participate.
All roadies, cruisers, fixies, gravel grinders, mountain bikers, commuters, weekend warriors, triathletes, stationary and E-Bikers can participate. No matter if inside, outside, on a trainer or stationary – get riding.
*Competitors in the Distance and Elevation categories cannot achieve results on any stationary system, pedal assist or E-Bike and therefore are not eligible for the Distance and Elevation Competitive Challenges. Competitive Challenge competitors are responsible for providing HBL with information that undeniably proves their ride(s).
DEADLINE TO REPORT TOTAL MILES is no later than Oct 5th midnight HST.
Only ONE ENTRY per registered rider is needed. Only report the TOTAL MILES: the combination of all rides, on all bikes, you complete over the 10-day event period (Sept 25th – Oct 4th). Do not enter daily or multiple rides as we will not combine for you. These are your personal rides and we will respect the miles you report. Participant miles will not be posted publicly.
Miles cannot be shared, combined or transferred to another rider or performed by another person. We have built this HBL ride for YOU and encourage YOU to be the only one riding toward your personal century goal. You will miss not only the fun, challenge and fitness benefits but most importantly the personal achievement and pride that comes when YOU jump in the saddle. Please use the honor code.
*Those participating in the Competitive Challenges will be required to provide additional proof of ride completion upon HBL request. Riders in the Distance and Elevation categories cannot achieve results on any stationary system, pedal assist or E-Bike and therefore are not eligible for the Distance and Elevation Competitive Challenges. Competitive Challenge competitors are responsible for providing HBL with information that undeniably proves their ride(s). (We do not want to be in the middle of an argument about who actually won!)
REGISTER BEFORE – AUG 31st
RIDE, RIDE, RIDE during event ride period September 25 – October 4, 2020.
TOTAL MILES RIDDEN as soon as you complete your century or no later than October 5th, MIDNIGHT HST.
Hawai‘i Ride of the Century is an untimed unassisted ride in which riders roll at their own pace over a 10-day period. There are no official routes, start or finishing locations and riders can complete miles at any location worldwide.
Only the miles ridden during the “ride period” (September 25 – October 4, 2020) are part of the Hawai‘i Ride of the Century event. This gives all riders of every age, ability and location plenty of freedom to enjoy the routes of their choice in a non-competitive non-race environment.
The Hawai‘i Ride of the Century is an untimed unassisted non-competitive ride. We understand a lot can happen before and during the 10-day ride period and our priority is always your safety.
If you are having challenges meeting your goal we encourage you to do your best. You will not be penalized or miss out on the fabulous finisher package if you do not meet your goal. The ride goal is just that, your goal. Your focus should be to ensure you are having fun, meeting riders through our platforms and making fantastic memories. Riding of any kind is an accomplishment and we celebrate any attempts you make. Regardless of the number of miles you ride in relation to your goal (even if zero), we ask everyone to Report TOTAL MILES online no later than October 5, 2020 midnight HST.
The Hawaii Ride of the Century would not be possible without wonderful volunteers. If you are interest in supporting the event send us an email at events@HBL.org.
Volunteer Sign Up Coming Soon
HBL understands that unexpected situations arise all the time. Due to the infinite number of possible circumstances, we enforce a no exception cancellation / no refund policy. While we do feel compassion for those who are unable to participate due to unforeseen circumstances, registration fees and any cost incurred by registrants associated with a ride are non-refundable and non-transferable. Forfeited registrations are processed as a donation.