Join a free cycling workshop with the Hawaii Bicycling League! We have a class for every skill level, from beginners that want to learn how to balance, to veteran cyclists that want to improve their mechanical skills.
⇩ Scroll down to register for a free workshop! ⇩
A workshop for any adult or child that doesn’t know how to ride a bike. Students meet in a safe learning space and practice balance and bike handling with skilled instructors. Bring your bike or borrow ours!
This on-bike course is perfect for those who are looking to gain confidence with their bikes on the roads of Oʻahu. We’ll go over safe cycling practices, your rights as a cyclist, rules of the road, equipment safety checks, lane positioning and more.
It’s our “Bicycling Basics” workshop, with a “Biki” twist! Refresh your biking skills and knowledge and try out O‘ahu’s new bike sharing system… for free!
Ramp up your cycling game! This on-bike course will cover how to use your bike more efficiently and teach cyclists rules & responsibilities, theft prevention, how use your gears, hazard avoidance maneuvers, and more!
A hands-on introductory course to teach participants how to fix a flat tire with ease, lubricate their chain, and keep their bikes in tip-top shape.
The Hawaii Bicycling League now offers classes just for seniors and older adults! Seniors 50 years and older are provided free recumbent tricycles to take a spin on the bike path. Have fun, get fit, and enjoy our lovely Hawaiʻi weather!
* If you would like to schedule a free cycling workshop with your group please contact the Program Manager, Carlos L Tercero, at Carlos@HBL.org or call (808) 735-5756. (Minimum group size of 6 participants)
- Adult Learn to Ride – January 25 (Sat) 4-6 pm – Ala Wai Promenade
Smart Cycling Workshop – February 9th (Sunday) 8:30 am-4:30 pm – 24 Hour Fitness @ 1680 Kapiolani Blvd Adult Learn to Ride Workshop – February 15th (Saturday) 8am-9:45am – Ala Wai Promenade
- Basic Bike Maintenance Workshop – February 22nd (Saturday) 3:30-5:30pm – BIKEFACTORY Honolulu
- Bicycling Basics Workshop – March 15th (Sunday) 3:00pm – 5:00pm – BIKEFACTORY in Waipio @ 94-1388 Moaniani St.
- Urban Tactical Biki Riding & Beach BBQ PotLuck – March 21st (Saturday) 9am – 11am – Ala Moana Beach Park
- Road Cycling Skills Workshop – April 19th (Sunday) 3:00pm – 5:00pm – BIKEFACTROY in Waipio @ 94-1388 Moaniani St.
- Urban Tactical Biki Riding & Beach BBQ PotLuck – April 18th (Saturday) 9am – 11am – Ala Moana Beach Park
- Basic Bike Maintenance @ HMC Packet Pickup April 25th (Saturday) 11am – 1pm we will be offering a special workshop at packet pickup – Ala Wai Golf Course Ballroom
- Basic Bike Maintenance Workshop – May 17th (Sunday) 3:00pm -5:00pm – BIKEFACTRORY in Waipio @ 94-1388 Moaniani St.
- Urban Tactical Biki Riding & Beach BBQ PotLuck – May 16th (Saturday) 9am – 11am – Ala Moana Beach Park
- Basic Bike Maintenance Workshop @ HCR Packet Pickup – Sept 26th (Saturday) 12:00 – 2:00pm – Ala Wai Golf Course Ballroom
Sign Up For A Workshop Today!
✴ Workshop registration closes 24 hours before the workshop
Cancellation / No-Show Fee
For cancellations/no-shows with less than 24 hours notice there will be a $5.00 cancellation/no-show fee for costs incurred. If you cannot attend your scheduled workshop, please contact HBL’s Adult Education Manager at Malia@HBL.org or text/call (808) 457-5401 as soon as possible. Because our workshops have limited numbers for appropriate instructor/student ratio, no-shows deprive someone else from the opportunity to participate. As a small nonprofit trying to change the world one person at a time, we appreciate your understanding!