Join a free cycling workshop with the Hawaii Bicycling League! We have a class for every skill level, from beginners that want to learn how to balance, to veteran cyclists that want to improve their mechanical skills.
⇩ Scroll down to register for a free workshop! ⇩
A workshop for any adult or child that doesn’t know how to ride a bike. Students meet in a safe learning space and practice balance and bike handling with skilled instructors. Bring your bike or borrow ours!
This on-bike course is perfect for those who are looking to gain confidence with their bikes on the roads of Oʻahu. We’ll go over safe cycling practices, your rights as a cyclist, rules of the road, equipment safety checks, lane positioning and more.
It’s our “Bicycling Basics” workshop, with a “Biki” twist! Refresh your biking skills and knowledge and try out O‘ahu’s new bike sharing system… for free!
Ramp up your cycling game! This on-bike course will cover how to use your bike more efficiently and teach cyclists rules & responsibilities, theft prevention, how use your gears, hazard avoidance maneuvers, and more!
A hands-on introductory course to teach participants how to fix a flat tire with ease, lubricate their chain, and keep their bikes in tip-top shape.
The Hawaii Bicycling League now offers classes just for seniors and older adults! Seniors 50 years and older are provided free recumbent tricycles to take a spin on the bike path. Have fun, get fit, and enjoy our lovely Hawaiʻi weather!
* If you would like to schedule a free cycling workshop with your group please contact the Program Manager, Malia Harunaga, at Malia@HBL.org or call (808) 735-5756. (Minimum group size of 6 participants)
- Basic Bike Maintenance – June 1 (Sat) 1-3pm – Kroc Center (Kapolei)
- Biki Bicycling Basics – June 8 (Sat) 9-11am – First Christian Church of Honolulu
Adult Learn to Ride – July 7 (Sun) 9-11am – Ala Wai Promenade– WORKSHOP FULL, email Malia at Malia@HBL.org to be put on waitlist Adult Learn to Ride – July 20 (Sat) 4-6pm – Ala Wai Promenade– WORKSHOP FULL, email Malia at Malia@HBL.org to be put on waitlist
- Road Cycling Skills – August 3 (Sat) 9-11am – Kroc Center (Kapolei). *Email Malia at Malia@HBL.org if you want to scoop up a Brompton folding bike from Ebikes Hawaii to use for the workshop! Available to the first FOUR people to email Malia.
Biki Bicycling Basics – August 17 (Sat) 10am-12pm – Waikīkī-Kapahulu Public LibraryWORKSHOPS FULL
- Basic Bike Maintenance Workshop – September 1 (Sun) 1-3pm Island Triathlon & Bike
- Adult Learn to Ride Workshop – September 1 (Sun) 9-11am The Lock Up Self Storage
- Biki Bicycling Basics – September 7 (Sat) 9-11am – Hawai‘i State Capitol
- Adult Learn to Ride Workshop – September 8 (Sun) 4-6pm The Lock Up Self Storage
Bike Maintenance Workshop – September 28 (Sat) 12noon-2pm Get your bike Honolulu Century Ride ready, Pre-Registration Required- Location Ala Wai Golf Course Ballroom
- Biki Bicycling Basics – October 20 (Sun) 1-3pm – University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
- Adult Learn to Ride – October 26 (Sat) 9-11 am – Ala Wai Promenade
- Basic Bike Maintenance Workshop-November 1st (Friday) 12pm-2pm (Day 2 of 2 day packet pick up)–Boca Hawaii (Kaka‘ako)
- Biki Bicycling Basics – November 9 (Sat) 9-11am – Central Union Church (Makiki)
- Adult Learn to Ride – November 16 (Sat) 9-11 am – Ala Wai Promenade
- Adult Learn to Ride – November 23 (Sat) 9-11 am – Ala Wai Promenade
Sign Up For A Workshop Today!
✴ Workshop registration closes 24 hours before the workshop
Cancellation / No-Show Fee
For cancellations/no-shows with less than 24 hours notice there will be a $5.00 cancellation/no-show fee for costs incurred. If you cannot attend your scheduled workshop, please contact HBL’s Adult Education Manager at Malia@HBL.org or text/call (808) 457-5401 as soon as possible. Because our workshops have limited numbers for appropriate instructor/student ratio, no-shows deprive someone else from the opportunity to participate. As a small nonprofit trying to change the world one person at a time, we appreciate your understanding!