Join a free cycling workshop with the Hawaii Bicycling League! We have a class for every skill level, from beginners that want to learn how to balance, to veteran cyclists that want to improve their mechanical skills.
⇩ Scroll down to register for a free workshop! ⇩
A workshop for any adult that doesn’t know how to ride a bike. Students meet in a safe learning space and practice balance and bike handling with skilled instructors. Bring your bike or borrow ours!
This on-bike course is perfect for those who are looking to gain confidence with their bikes on the roads of Oʻahu. We’ll go over safe cycling practices, your rights as a cyclist, rules of the road, equipment safety checks, lane positioning and more.
It’s our “Bicycling Basics” workshop, with a “Biki” twist! Refresh your biking skills and knowledge and try out O‘ahu’s new bike sharing system… for free!
Ramp up your cycling game! This on-bike course will cover how to use your bike more efficiently and teach cyclists rules & responsibilities, theft prevention, how use your gears, hazard avoidance maneuvers, and more!
A hands-on introductory course to teach participants how to fix a flat tire with ease, lubricate their chain, and keep their bikes in tip-top shape.
The Hawaii Bicycling League now offers classes just for seniors and older adults! Seniors 50 years and older are provided free recumbent tricycles to take a spin on the bike path. Have fun, get fit, and enjoy our lovely Hawaiʻi weather!
* If you would like to schedule a free cycling workshop with your group please contact the Program Manager, Malia Harunaga, at Malia@HBL.org or call (808) 735-5756. (Minimum group size of 6 participants)
- Adult Learn to Ride – February 2 (Sat) 3-5pm – Ala Wai Promenade
- Adult Learn to Ride – February 10 (Sun) 9-11am – Ala Wai Promenade
- Adult Learn to Ride – February 17 (Sun) 9-11am – Ala Wai Promenade
- Biki Bicycling Basics – February 17 (Sun) 9-11am – Next Step Shelter (shelter residents only!)
- Biki Bicycling Basics – February 23 (Sat) 9-11am – University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
- Bicycling Basics – February 23 (Sat) 9:30-11:30am – Eki Cyclery
- Basic Bike Maintenance – March 2 (Sat) 1-3pm – Mānoa Public Library
- *NEW!* Derailleurs Do’s & Don’ts – March 9 (Sat) 9-11am – Hawaii Bicycling League Office (Kaimukī)
- Adult Learn to Ride – March 9 (Sat) 4-6pm – Ala Wai Promenade
- Basic Bike Maintenance – March 16 (Sat) 10am-12pm – HMSA Honolulu Neighborhood Center (818 Ke‘eaumoku St.) **Space limited!!**
- Adult Learn to Ride – March 17 (Sun) 9-11am– Ala Wai Promenade
- Bicycling Basics – March 23 (Sat) 9:30-11:30am – HMSA Pearl City Neighborhood Center (1132 Kuala St #400, Pearl City) **Space limited!!**
- Biki Bicycling Basics – April 6 (Sat) 9-11am – University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
- Bicycling Basics – April 7 (Sun) 4:30-6:30pm – Kroc Center (Kapolei)
- Biki Bicycling Basics – April 20 (Sat) 9-11am – Kaka‘ako Waterfront Park
- Basic Bike Maintenance – April 27 (Sat) 11am-1pm – Ala Wai Golf Course Clubhouse (during Hale‘iwa Metric Century Packet Pickup)
- Biki Bicycling Basics – June 8 (Sat) 9-11am – First Christian Church of Honolulu
Sign Up For A Workshop Today!
✴ Workshop registration closes 24 hours before the workshop
Cancellation / No-Show Fee
For cancellations/no-shows with less than 24 hours notice there will be a $5.00 cancellation/no-show fee for costs incurred. If you cannot attend your scheduled workshop, please contact HBL’s Adult Education Manager at Malia@HBL.org or text/call (808) 457-5401 as soon as possible. Because our workshops have limited numbers for appropriate instructor/student ratio, no-shows deprive someone else from the opportunity to participate. As a small nonprofit trying to change the world one person at a time, we appreciate your understanding!