Join a free cycling workshop with the Hawaii Bicycling League! We have a class for every skill level, from beginners that want to learn how to balance, to veteran cyclists that want to improve their mechanical skills.
⇩ Scroll down to register for a free workshop! ⇩
A workshop for any adult that doesn’t know how to ride a bike. Students meet in a safe learning space and practice balance and bike handling with skilled instructors. Bring your bike or borrow ours!
This on-bike course is perfect for those who are looking to gain confidence with their bikes on the roads of Oʻahu. We’ll go over safe cycling practices, your rights as a cyclist, rules of the road, equipment safety checks, lane positioning and more.
It’s our “Bicycling Basics” workshop, with a “Biki” twist! Refresh your biking skills and knowledge and try out O‘ahu’s new bike sharing system… for free!
Ramp up your cycling game! This on-bike course will cover how to use your bike more efficiently and teach cyclists rules & responsibilities, theft prevention, how use your gears, hazard avoidance maneuvers, and more!
A hands-on introductory course to teach participants how to fix a flat tire with ease, lubricate their chain, and keep their bikes in tip-top shape.
The Hawaii Bicycling League now offers classes just for seniors and older adults! Seniors 50 years and older are provided free recumbent tricycles to take a spin on the bike path. Have fun, get fit, and enjoy our lovely Hawaiʻi weather!
* If you would like to schedule a free cycling workshop with your group please contact the Program Manager, Malia Harunaga, at Malia@HBL.org or call (808) 735-5756. (Minimum group size of 6 participants)
- Road Cycling Skills – March 3 (Sat) 9:30-11:30am – Jefferson Elementary School
- Adult Learn to Ride – March 3 (Sat) 4-6pm – Ala Wai Promenade
- Biki Bicycling Basics – March 10 (Sat), 9:30-11:30am – McCully Bicycle and Sporting Goods
- Adult Learn to Ride – March 11 (Sun) 9-11am – Ala Wai Promenade
- Basic Bike Maintenance – March 17 (Sat), 1-3pm – Liliha Public Library
- Biki Bicycling Basics – March 18 (Sun), 4-6pm – Children’s Discovery Center
- Adult Learn to Ride – March 24 (Sat) 4-6pm – Ala Wai Promenade
- Basic Bike Maintenance – March 31 (Sat), 9:30-11:30am – Ebikes Hawaii Kapolei
- Adult Learn to Ride – April 1 (Sun) 9:30-11:30am – Ala Wai Promenade
- Biki Bicycling Basics – April 7 (Sat), 3-5pm – Waikīkī-Kapahulu Public Library
- Basic Bike Maintenance – April 8 (Sun), 1-3pm – The Bike Shop ‘Aiea
- Bicycling Basics – April 14 (Sat), 2-4pm – St. Anthony School (Kailua)
- Biki Bicycling Basics – April 15 (Sun), 4-6pm – Honolulu Tower Condominiums
- Basic Bike Maintenance – April 28 (Sat), 10am-12pm – Ala Wai Golf Course Clubhouse (during Hale‘iwa Metric Century packet pickup)
- Adult Learn to Ride – May 6 (Sun) 4-6pm – Ala Wai Promenade
- Basic Bike Maintenance [For Kailua Intermediate School Only] – May 8 (Tue), 2:30-4:30pm – Kailua Intermediate School
- Bicycling Basics [For Kailua Intermediate School Only] – May 9 (Wed), 1:45-3:45pm – Kailua Intermediate School
- Adult Learn to Ride – May 19 (Sat) 9-11am – Ala Wai Promenade
- Biki Bicycling Basics – May 20 (Sun), 3-5pm – Biki Stop 120 (by Hawaii State Art Museum)
- Biki Bicycling Basics – May 24 (Thu), 4-6pm – McCully-Mōʻiliʻili Public Library
Sign Up For A Workshop Today!
✴ Workshop registration closes 24 hours before the workshop
Cancellation / No-Show Fee
For cancellations/no-shows with less than 24 hours notice there will be a $5.00 cancellation/no-show fee for costs incurred. If you cannot attend your scheduled workshop, please contact HBL’s Adult Education Manager at Malia@HBL.org or text/call (808) 457-5401 as soon as possible. Because our workshops have limited numbers for appropriate instructor/student ratio, no-shows deprive someone else from the opportunity to participate. As a small nonprofit trying to change the world one person at a time, we appreciate your understanding!