Join a free cycling workshop with the Hawaii Bicycling League! We have a class for every skill level, from beginners that want to learn how to balance, to veteran cyclists that want to improve their mechanical skills.
⇩ Scroll down to register for a free workshop! ⇩
A workshop for any adult or child that doesn’t know how to ride a bike. Students meet in a safe learning space and practice balance and bike handling with skilled instructors. Bring your bike or borrow ours!
This on-bike course is perfect for those who are looking to gain confidence with their bikes on the roads of Oʻahu. We’ll go over safe cycling practices, your rights as a cyclist, rules of the road, equipment safety checks, lane positioning and more.
It’s our “Bicycling Basics” workshop, with a “Biki” twist! Refresh your biking skills and knowledge and try out O‘ahu’s Ultra Convenient bike sharing system… for free!
Ramp up your cycling game! This on-bike course will cover how to use your bike more efficiently and teach cyclists rules & responsibilities, theft prevention, how use your gears, hazard avoidance maneuvers, and more!
A hands-on introductory course to teach participants how to fix a flat tire with ease, lubricate their chain, and keep their bikes in tip-top shape.
The Hawaii Bicycling League now offers classes just for seniors and older adults! Seniors 50 years and older are provided free recumbent tricycles to take a spin on the bike path. Have fun, get fit, and enjoy our lovely Hawaiʻi weather!
Upcoming Cycling Workshops
* If you would like to schedule a free cycling workshop with your group please email Malia@HBL.org or call (808) 735-5756.
COVID-19 CLASS UPDATES
HBL is happy to offer workshops, free of charge, with safety and health at the forefront of every experience.
- Workshops are currently limited to 8 people per workshop
- Waivers/Liability forms must be signed by the participant prior to participation in class
- All workshop participants (instructors and students) must wear non-medical grade face masks or face shields if a medical condition prevents the use of a face covering
- Hand sanitizer will be provided by HBL. All participants and instructors will sanitize their hands upon arrival
- Participants will practice physical distancing (6 feet apart)
- Adult Learn to Ride Workshop – JANUARY 31st (Sunday) 4:00 – 5:30pm @Ala Wai Community Park
- Adult Learn to Ride Workshop – FEBRUARY 6th (Saturday) 3:30 – 50pm @Ala Wai Community Park
- Bicycling Basics Workshop – FEBRUARY 20th (Saturday) 9:00 – 11:00am @Kaka‘ako Waterfront Park Only 2 spaces left in this workshop!
- Fix-a-Flat Workshop – FEBRUARY 27th (Saturday) 10:00 – 11:30am @The Bike Shop Kailua (767 Kailua Rd., Kailua, HI 96734) 3 spots left open in this workshop!
Sign Up For A Workshop Today!
✴ Workshop registration closes 24 hours before the workshop
Cancellation / No-Show Fee
For cancellations/no-shows with less than 24 hours notice there will be a $5.00 cancellation/no-show fee for costs incurred. If you cannot attend your scheduled workshop, please email Malia at Malia@HBL.org or call (808) 457-5401 as soon as possible. Because our workshops have limited numbers for appropriate instructor/student ratio, no-shows deprive someone else from the opportunity to participate. As a small nonprofit trying to change the world one person at a time, we appreciate your understanding!