Join a free cycling workshop with the Hawaii Bicycling League! We have a class for every skill level, from beginners that want to learn how to balance, to veteran cyclists that want to improve their mechanical skills.
⇩ Scroll down to register for a free workshop! ⇩
A workshop for any adult that doesn’t know how to ride a bike. Students meet in a safe learning space and practice balance and bike handling with skilled instructors. Bring your bike or borrow ours!
This on-bike course is perfect for those who are looking to gain confidence with their bikes on the roads of Oʻahu. We’ll go over safe cycling practices, your rights as a cyclist, rules of the road, equipment safety checks, lane positioning and more.
It’s our “Bicycling Basics” workshop, with a “Biki” twist! Refresh your biking skills and knowledge and try out O‘ahu’s new bike sharing system… for free!
Ramp up your cycling game! This on-bike course will cover how to use your bike more efficiently and teach cyclists rules & responsibilities, theft prevention, how use your gears, hazard avoidance maneuvers, and more!
A hands-on introductory course to teach participants how to fix a flat tire with ease, lubricate their chain, and keep their bikes in tip-top shape.
The Hawaii Bicycling League now offers classes just for seniors and older adults! Seniors 50 years and older are provided free recumbent tricycles to take a spin on the bike path. Have fun, get fit, and enjoy our lovely Hawaiʻi weather!
* If you would like to schedule a free cycling workshop with your group please contact the Program Manager, Malia Harunaga, at Malia@HBL.org or call (808) 735-5756. (Minimum group size of 6 participants)
- Adult Learn to Ride – September 1 (Sat) 9-11am – Ala Wai Promenade
- Biki Bicycling Basics – September 8 (Sat) 10am-12pm – Central Union Church
- Adult Learn to Ride – September 9 (Sun) 4-6pm – Ala Wai Promenade
- Biki Bicycling Basics – September 15 (Sat) 9-11am – Shriners Hospital for Children
- Road Cycling Skills – September 16 (Sun) 4-6pm – Kapi‘olani Community College
- Basic Bike Maintenance – September 23 (Sun) 1-3pm – The Bike Shop (Honolulu)
- Basic Bike Maintenance – September 29 (Sat) 12-2pm – Ala Wai Golf Course Clubhouse (during HCR packet pickup)
- Adult Learn to Ride – October 6 (Sat) 9-11am – Ala Wai Promenade
- Biki Bicycling Basics – October 13 (Sat) 3-5pm – Waikīkī-Kapahulu Public Library
- Adult Learn to Ride – October 14 (Sun) 4-6pm – Ala Wai Promenade
- Bicycling Basics + Free Bike Tune-Ups! – October 17 (Wed) 4:15-6:15pm – Waimānalo Public School & Library
- Bicycling Basics – October 20 (Sat) 9:30-11:30am – RIDE Kailua
- Adult Learn to Ride – November 3 (Sat) 4-6pm – Ala Wai Promenade
- Biki Bicycling Basics – November 4 (Sun) 4-6pm – Biki Stop 120 (Near the State Capitol)
- Adult Learn to Ride – November 10 (Sat) 9-11am – Ala Wai Promenade
Bicycling Basics – November 10 (Sat) 4-6pm – Bellows AFS [Military Personnel Only]–
- Road Cycling Skills – November 11 (Sun) 4-6pm – Children’s Discovery Center
- Basic Bike Maintenance – November 14 (Wed) 3:45-5:45pm – Boca Hawaii
- Road Cycling Skills (8:30-10:30am) & Basic Bike Maintenance (10:30am-12:30pm) – November 24 (Sat) – Schofield Barracks [Military Personnel Only]
Sign Up For A Workshop Today!
✴ Workshop registration closes 24 hours before the workshop
Cancellation / No-Show Fee
For cancellations/no-shows with less than 24 hours notice there will be a $5.00 cancellation/no-show fee for costs incurred. If you cannot attend your scheduled workshop, please contact HBL’s Adult Education Manager at Malia@HBL.org or text/call (808) 457-5401 as soon as possible. Because our workshops have limited numbers for appropriate instructor/student ratio, no-shows deprive someone else from the opportunity to participate. As a small nonprofit trying to change the world one person at a time, we appreciate your understanding!