Join a free cycling workshop with the Hawaii Bicycling League! We have a class for every skill level, from beginners that want to learn how to balance, to veteran cyclists that want to improve their mechanical skills.
A workshop for anyone that doesn’t know how to ride a bike. Students meet in a safe learning space and practice balance and bike handling with skilled instructors.
This bicycling course begins with coverage of safe cycling practices, your rights as a cyclist, rules of the road, equipment safety checks, lane positioning and more.
This course will teach students how to shift, brake, and pedal efficiently. Participants will practice starting, stopping, scanning and signaling and also learn more advanced hazard avoidance maneuvers. The class will culminate in a group ride.
An introductory course to teach participants how to fix a flat tire with ease, lubricate their chain, and keep their bikes in tip-top shape.
The Hawaii Bicycling League now offers classes just for seniors and older adults! Seniors 55 years and older are provided free recumbent tricycles to take a spin on the bike path. Have fun, get fit, and enjoy our lovely Hawaiʻi weather!
Rides for every level, across the island! Learn more & ride aloha!
- Adult Learn to Ride – Saturday, November 7, 3-5pm – Lock Up Self Storage (1901 Kapi’olani Blvd)
- Cycling Skills 101 – Saturday, November 7, 9-11am – Neal Blaisdell Park (Aiea)
- Efficient Riding Skills – Saturday, November 21, 4-6pm – Manoa Public Library
- Basic Bike Maintenance – Wednesday, November 25, 5:30-7:30pm – HBL Office
- Basic Bike Maintenance – Wednesday, December 2, 4-6pm – Hale Nalu Surf & Bike
- Adult Learn to Ride – Sunday, December 13, 3-5pm – Lock Up Self Storage (1901 Kapi’olani Blvd)
- Efficient Riding Skills – Sunday, December 27, 9:30-11:30am – Kapi’olani Park
- Efficient Riding Skills – Sunday, February 28, 3-5pm – Leeward Community College
- Adult Learn to Ride – Sunday, March 20, 3-5pm – Leeward Community College
Sign Up For A Workshop Today!