Love biking? Want to improve biking in Hawaii? Come work for the Hawaii Bicycling League! We’re looking for awesome people to join our team!
HBL is seeking a new team member!
Click on the link to learn more about the position.
If interested, please send resume in PDF format and completed application (click here for form-fillable application) to email@example.com with subject line of the position you’re applying for. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Membership & Volunteer Coordinator
Responsible for individual and business membership growth, management, benefits, and retention at the Hawaii Bicycling League (HBL). Will work closely with the Co-Executive Directors, other staff, volunteers, and Membership Committee to increase the involvement of individual and business members in advocacy, education, and events to build a bike- and walk-friendly Hawai‘i. The Volunteer Coordinator responsibilities include all aspects of organizing volunteers for HBL’s small and large events and actions to recruit and maintain volunteers.
- Primary responsibility for HBL’s membership program to grow membership and service existing members.
- Develop member-based events and rides.
- Individual HBL Members:
- Implement activities for annual membership recruitment and retention, including developing marketing materials, creating and managing website materials, publishing monthly membership newsletters, organizing mailings, phone banks, community outreach, and event outreach.
- Manage and be responsible for membership processing, mailings, and data entry systems.
- Business Members:
- Assist with supporting current and recruiting new business members.
- Manage business member relationships and fulfill membership benefits.
- Seek and develop HBL member discounts at supporting businesses.
- Assist at Fundraising Committee Meetings.
- Implement strategies to meet organization’s annual fundraising goals.
- Grow and develop our Volunteer program to support HBL’s mission.
- Recruit, train, and assist volunteers and interns including developing volunteer forms, online registration, managing volunteer database and recording total volunteer hours.
- Manage and lead monthly Volunteer Nights and Phone Banks, develop volunteer incentive and appreciation programs, develop leadership program for motivated volunteers.
- Develop evaluation system for member and volunteer programs, and make periodic reports as requested.
- Participate in and sometimes lead various other projects that tie directly into HBL’s mission.
- Other duties as assigned. Participate and assist in other events, education, and advocacy as requested/available.
The right candidate for this position will:
- Be able to focus on accomplishing plans, goals, and objectives
- Have excellent oral and written skills
- Be a creative and motivated self-starter
- Have marketing experience
- Have a design background and skills
- Have the ability to motivate and manage volunteers
- Have experience and interest in working with a diverse range of people on a daily basis
- Be able to handle multiple tasks at once and meet deadlines
- Be able to work in a fast paced, open, team-oriented office
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrate passion for creating a more bike friendly Hawai‘i & be familiar with the cycling issues
- Be computer-literate and internet savvy, with direct experience in using MS Office (Excel, Word), experience with databases, web design and editing, social media
- Be able to lift 30 pounds and have physical stamina, work flexible hours with weekends and nights, including prior to and during events
Desired but not required:
- Experienced in membership development and fundraising development for other organizations
- Experienced in CRM (Salesforce) database management & wordpress website development
- Experienced, regular and motivated vehicular cyclist who enjoys bicycling for many reasons
- Undergraduate college degree (bachelors)
This full-time position reports to the Co-Executive Directors and works closely with a team of staff, Board members and volunteers. Salary is commensurate with experience.
To Apply Send your application (https://www.hbl.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Employment-Application-Form-1.pdf) via email to bicycle@HBL.org, subject line “Membership & Volunteer Coordinator”. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Applications will be reviewed starting February 5, 2019 and will be accepted until the position is filled. Please submit your resume and completed application form via email by replying to this post, including the email subject line: Membership & Volunteer Coordinator. Inclusion of a cover letter is encouraged.
Find fillable PDF application form at hbl.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Employment-Application-Form-1.pdf
We’re always looking for interns as well! Learn while helping with our events, advocacy, and education to enable more people to bicycle. Click here to learn more!