Biki, Honolulu’s bike sharing system, has been launched! It enables people to get around conveniently and easily by using the Biki bikes. HBL, in partnership with Biki, will be holding a series of our “Bicycling Basics” workshops – but the very exciting aspect in this is that participants will get to use the Biki bicycles for the workshop… Free of charge! This is all designed to have you feel safe and comfortable riding around Honolulu’s streets, and to get know Honolulu’s new bike sharing system! More information on Bikeshare Hawaii’s Biki can be found at their site: GoBiki.org.
✦ Biki Bicycling Basics workshops have a participant cap of 14 students. Workshop reservations are on a first come, first served basis – space is limited! Those that sign up after the first 14 will be notified and placed on a waitlist and contacted if there is an opening (at least 24 hours in advance of the workshop).
✦ Biki bicycles are easy to use and can accommodate riders of all sizes. They have built in lights and wider tires to conquer any pothole. Biki Bicycling Basics participants will get to learn about the ins & outs of the Biki system and how to use the Biki bikes.
✦ Helmets are required for the riding portion of this workshop. If you do not have you own please let us know at least 24 hours in advance and we will provide one for you to use for the workshop.
✦ If you do not want to use a Biki bicycle Bikeshare Hawaii is providing for you and would like to bring your own (working!) bicycle to participate in the Biki Bicycling Basics workshop, please kindly email Malia at Malia@HBL.org before the workshop.
Questions? Contact Malia at Malia@HBL.org or call (808) 735-5756.
Upcoming Biki Bicycling Basics Workshops
- Kaka‘ako Edition! January 21 (Sun), 9-11am – RevoluSun Kaka‘ako Former Location (210 Ward Ave.)
- [Private Waikiki Health Clinic Group] January 24 (Wed), 4 -6pm – Waikiki Health (Ohua Clinic)
- Waikīkī Edition! February 11 (Sun), 4-6pm – Jefferson Elementary School
- Downtown Edition! February 18 (Sun), 4-6pm – Honolulu Tower
- Downtown Edition! February 24 (Sat), 9-11am – Biki Stop 120 (by the Hawaii State Art Museum)
- McCully Edition! March 10 (Sat), 9:30-11:30am – McCully Bicycle and Sporting Goods
- Kaka‘ako Edition! March 18 (Sun), 4-6pm – Children’s Discovery Center
- Waikīkī Edition! April 7 (Sat), 3-5pm – Waikīkī-Kapahulu Public Library
- Downtown Edition! April 15 (Sun), 4-6pm – Honolulu Tower Condominiums
May – National Bike Month!
Sign Up For A Biki Bicycling Basics Workshop Today!
✴ Workshop registration closes 24 hours before the workshop
Cancellation / No-Show Fee
For cancellations/no-shows with less than 24 hours notice there will be a $5.00 cancellation/no-show fee for costs incurred. If you cannot attend your scheduled workshop, please contact HBL’s Adult Education Manager at Malia@HBL.org or text/call (808) 457-5401 as soon as possible. Because our workshops have limited numbers for appropriate instructor/student ratio, no-shows deprive someone else from the opportunity to participate. As a small nonprofit trying to change the world one person at a time, we appreciate your understanding!