Education › Cycling Presentations › Bicycle Infrastructure Updates (HBL.org/BikeUpdates)
The O‘ahu Bike Plan, a master plan created by the City & County of Honolulu to guide the development of O’ahu’s bikeways, is being updated in 2018. Learn more about the planned bicycle infrastructure in your neighborhood and stay informed with how it will affect you. The presentation can also cover existing bicycle infrastructure in your area, from bike boxes, to sharrows, and more.
This indoor-style presentation can range from 15 – 45 minutes (preceding Q&A or a group discussion time), depending on your schedule and can include (but is not limited to):
- Types of bicycle infrastructure (multi-use paths, bike lanes, protected bike lanes, bike boxes, sharrows, bike boulevards, etc.) and what the painted lines mean
- O‘ahu Bike Plan update
- Designing, planning & research, funding, building, and maintenance of bike infrastructure
- The future of Transit-Oriented Development on O‘ahu
- Existing bike infrastructure in your area
- Route planning
- Benefits of bike infrastructure
- Community input/discussion
Interested in having this presentation for your business, organization, or group? Contact the Adult Education Manager, Malia Harunaga, at Malia@HBL.org or (808) 735-5756, to request a free presentation tailored for your needs!