We aren’t going to get the bicycling and walking paradise that we all want without strong elected officials to lead us there. Your involvement is essential to make this a reality! REGISTER to vote by 7/14, INFORM yourself on the candidates’ position on biking and walking issues 7/28, and VOTE 8/13.
- 7/14 4:30pm – Deadline to register to vote for the 8/13 primary (if you miss this, you can do Walk-in Late Registration)
- 7/28 – HBL publishes candidate responses to walking and bicycling questionnaire
- 8/1 to 8/11 – Walk-in Late Registration at Honolulu Hale or Kapolei Hale, you’ll have to register and vote at the same time (this is the first year this is being done – call 808-453-8683 for more details)
- 8/13 – Primary election day
- 10/10 – Deadline register for the general election
- 11/8 – General election day
For the Honolulu Mayor and Councilmembers elections if any candidate receives more than 50% of the vote in the 8/13 election, they automatically win. So, if you wait to vote in the 11/8 General Election, you might not get a say in the Mayor or your Councilmember race.
Come Back July 28 to Read Your Candidates’ Response to the Walking and Bicycling Questionnaire
We have sent a State walking and biking questionnaire to all State Senate and House candidates. We have also sent an Oahu-specific walking and biking questionnaire to all Honolulu Mayor and Councilmember candidates. Responses will be published here on July 28.
The State questionnaire was developed in coordination with our neighborhood island partners – Kauai Path, Maui Bicycling League, and PATH – Peoples Advocacy for Trails Hawaii.