Education › Cycling Presentations › Beginner’s Guide to Bicycling (HBL.org/BeginnersBicycling)
You’ve probably heard somewhere that bicycling has a good many benefits – not only to individual health, the Earth, the community we live in, the economy, and more – but what are the facts behind them? This informational presentation covers all the perks that bicycling can bring, and how you can get started. Don’t own a bicycle? Don’t know how to bike? No worries – this talk is all about starting small and having fun!
This indoor-style presentation can range from 15 – 90 minutes depending on your schedule and can include (but is not limited to):
- Bicycling benefits (physical, mental, environmental, economical, sustainability, productivity, traffic relief, etc.)
- Tips on getting started
- Multi-modal commuting
- Beginner biking routes in your area
- Different types of bicycles and their uses
- Choosing the right bike for you
- Bike fit
- Important biking accessories
- Basic bike safety
Interested in having this presentation for your business, organization, or group? Contact the Adult Education Manager, Malia Harunaga, at Malia@HBL.org or (808) 735-5756, to request a free presentation tailored for your needs!