Join us on Saturday, January 7th, 2017!
This year marks the 75th anniversary of the attacks on Pearl Harbor. In honor of those who lost their lives on December 7th, 1941 the Hawaii Bicycling League is hosting a special bicycle ride and tour with the historic Barber’s Point Riding Club on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. See details and schedule below!
Established in 1985 and incorporated in 1993 the historic Barbers Point Stables have been in existence since at least 1960 are located on the former NAS Barbers Point and within the WWII Revetment District of the former MCAS Ewa. BPRC is a Type III independent private organization that is a non-federal entity, self-governed, and self-sustained by its membership. It operates on Navy land and in accordance with Navy regulations and guidelines.
Horseback riders are enthusiastically welcoming bicycle riders for a tour of the WWII revetment district. Barber’s Point Riding Club is not normally open the the public! Join us to check out the property!
8:30 a.m. Depart from Neal Blaisdell Park – 11 miles off-road route (in the case of rain we will ride on road)
10:30 a.m. Depart from West Loch Community Shoreline Park – 5 miles route (10 miles round trip)
11:30 a.m. Snack, Hydrate, Tour Riding Club – HBL will provide light snacks and refreshments at Barber’s Point Riding Club.
- This is a non-supported no-drop ride.
- Please bring their own flat repair kit, working bicycle, and a helmet.
- HBL will be providing light snacks, Gatorade/water at Barbers Point Riding Club.
- We’ll take the 30 minute tour around 11:30 a.m. when participants have arrived.
- Again, this is a special, one-time HBL event in collaboration with Barbers Point Riding Club. The property is not open to the general public. Bicyclists do not have to HBL members to join.
- Note: Molly’s BBQ & Seafood restaurant is located at Barber’s Point Golf Course club house in case you would like to grab lunch before bicycling back to your vehicle on your own. The ride leaders will depart the from the riding club shortly after the tour ends to lead folks back to their start point/vehicles.