Education › Cycling Presentations › Biking in Hawai‘i (HBL.org/BikingInHawaii)
If you are looking for an informative, engaging, and comprehensive presentation regarding all you need to know about safe bicycling in Hawai‘i, you’ve come to the right place! We’ll discuss safe biking habits that everyone can and should follow to have a fun and stress-free ride in paradise. This talk is great for those that are already biking and non-cyclists as well.
Is it legal to bike on the sidewalk? How can you make sure your bicycle doesn’t get stolen? Where’s the best place to bike to ensure you have a comfortable and pleasant ride?
This indoor-style presentation can range from 15 – 90 minutes depending on your schedule and can include (but is not limited to):
- Rules, rights, & responsibilities for cyclists
- Essential cycling accessories
- Proper bike and helmet fit
- Theft prevention
- Route planning and selection
- Utilizing different types of bicycle infrastructure
- How to preform a quick safety check of your equipment
- Handling intersections
- Helpful local cycling/safety resources
- How to get involved to make the island more bicycle-friendly
Interested in having this presentation for your business, organization, or group? Contact the Adult Education Manager, Malia Harunaga, at Malia@HBL.org or (808) 735-5756, to request a free presentation tailored for your needs!