September 25 – October 4, 2020
REGISTRATION CLOSES – AUG 31st
A Once-in-a-Lifetime Bike Event
Compete for Epic Awards
Win Incredible Prizes
Gain Exclusive Access to Curated Bike Routes
On Road Support Along the Way
Select YOUR Century
As a participant you’ll have 10 consecutive days (including 2 weekends) to ride and log your miles. Reach your goal all in one day or hop on your bike every day during the 10-day event (Sept 25 – Oct 4, 2020).
Ride for fun, ride for exercise, ride to rediscover why you love cycling – all we ask is you Ride with Aloha.
- Bike a Century. 100 miles is A BIG DEAL and you have 10-days to complete!
- Bike a Half Century. 50 miles is A LOT and definitely requires a comfy saddle.
- Bike a Double Century. When 100 miles is just not enough and you need a challenge.
- And for the truly inspired an audacious, Trifecta 350 distance. A century combo that combines all three distances (50+100+200) for a total 350 mile distance (Better schedule your post-event massage appointment now).
Bike anywhere, anytime with anyone.
Get off the couch, pump up those tires and select your century goal. The Hawaiʻi Ride of the Century is NOT a virtual race but a real ride on your favorite routes with support along the way! Connect with riders from around the world who are also inspired to Ride with Aloha and ride with pride knowing you are supporting the non-profit Hawaii Bicycling League.
- REGISTER for the Hawai`i Ride of the Century.
- Choose your GOAL DISTANCE. Remember this is YOUR personal goal. No penalty if life happens.
- Century – 100 miles
- Half Century – 50 miles
- Double Century – 200 miles
- Trifecta 350 (all of the above) – 350 miles
- Wear your Hawaiʻi Ride of the Century official participant wristband during the 10-day ride period (to arrive by mail).
- BIKE, BIKE, BIKE from September 25 – October 4
- TRACK YOUR MILES during the 10-day ride period. Use any tool out there (ex., Strava, Garmin, Wahoo), your mobile device GPS tracker or App (ex., MapMyRide, GoogleMaps) whatever you have.
- REPORT the Total Miles Ridden to HBL as soon as you meet your century goal or no later than October 5th. Participation in Competitive Challenge Awards will require verifiable data.
- CELEBRATE! You achieved your Century Goal!
Every participant will receive an awesome finisher package after completing the ride!
- Beautifully designed high quality 4″ metal Hawai‘i Ride of the Century Finisher Medal
- Athletic tri-blend gender fit Hawaiʻi Ride of the Century Finisher Shirt
- Hawaiʻi Ride of the Century Commemorative Bandana made of soft and breathable microfiber
- Personalized Hawaiʻi Ride of the Century Finisher Certificate to honor your achievements
Setting a goal and then achieving it is a great prize in itself. But, having a chance to win a super prize would be nice too, right?
We’re talking to potential sponsors and donors to build our prize chest. We’ll then do random drawings of registrants to award these prizes.
Registration is limited and ends on August 31. Sign up NOW so you don’t miss out!
|Youth (under 18 on 8/1/20)||$35|
|International (outside US)||$125|
|International Youth (under 18 on 8/1/20)||$65|
Take advantage of some great support, only available to Hawai‘i Ride of the Century participants.
- Join the Hawaiʻi Ride of the Century HBL Facebook group to engage with participants world-wide, learn about group meet-up times and locations.
- Gain exclusive access to curated bike routes for riders of all levels to use to achieve your miles.
- Get notified of where and when Mobile Aid Stations will be roving throughout the 10 days. We’ll be carrying snacks, beverages, a pump, tools, and big smiles for you!
Routes and rider support will be available on the beautiful island of Oʻahu where Hawaii Bicycling League headquarters is located. If you wish to organize support in other locales, please contact us.
The Hawai‘i Ride of the Century was designed for you to set a personal biking goal and then go get it. And, we know you’ll feel great when you do! But if competition drives you (we know you’re out there) why not go for a trophy?
- Most Miles Biked (male & female)
- Most Elevation Gained (male & female)
- Oldest Finisher
- Youngest Finisher
- Most “Likes” of a Social Media Post (#HIROC, #HBLRideAloha)
- Best Physical Distance Group Photo
- Best “This Is Hawai‘i” Photo (what says Hawai‘i to you?)
- Best 15-second (or less) Hawai‘i Ride of the Century Video
Winners receive a beautiful Hawai‘i Ride of the Century trophy and special recognition.
Competitors in the distance, elevation and age categories are responsible for providing us with information that undeniably proves their rides. Submit Photo/Video entries to email@example.com – submission deadline October 5, 2020.
The Hawai‘i Bicycling League depends upon Sponsors and Donors. And, The Hawai‘i Ride of the Century is our Major Fundraising Event.
Why Sponsor the Hawai‘i Ride of the Century?
- Reach loyal consumers and active adults
- Build your brand or promote your product or service
- Contribute to the growth of cycling
Contribute to the growth of cycling if you care about:
- Safer streets for children, adults, and kupuna
- A healthier and happier community
- A more sustainable Hawai‘i
- Less traffic and pollution
- Teaching those who bike, drive and walk how to be safer on our roads
- Advocating for issues that matter
Let us know if you can help by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or call 808-347-0833
What Else Do You I To Know?
The Hawai‘i Ride of the Century is a worldwide event, so we want everyone to be able to participate.
All roadies, cruisers, fixies, gravel grinders, mountain bikers, commuters, weekend warriors, triathletes, stationary and E-Bikers can participate. No matter if inside, outside, on a trainer or stationary – get riding.
*Competitors in the Distance and Elevation categories cannot achieve results on any stationary system, pedal assist or E-Bike and therefore are not eligible for the Distance and Elevation Competitive Challenges. Competitive Challenge competitors are responsible for providing HBL with information that undeniably proves their ride(s).
As soon as you reach your century goal or no later than 5pm HST Oct 5th, you must report the TOTAL MILES RIDDEN during the HBL event ride period Sept 25 – Oct 4, 2020. Those participating in the Competitive Challenges will be required to provide additional proof of ride completion upon HBL request*.
Miles cannot be shared, combined or transferred to another rider or performed by another person. We have built this HBL ride for YOU and encourage YOU to be the only one riding toward your personal century goal. You will miss not only the fun, challenge and fitness benefits but most importantly the personal achievement and pride that comes when YOU jump in the saddle. Please use the honor code.
*Competitors in the Distance and Elevation categories cannot achieve results on any stationary system, pedal assist or E-Bike and therefore are not eligible for the Distance and Elevation Competitive Challenges. Competitive Challenge competitors are responsible for providing HBL with information that undeniably proves their ride(s). (We do not want to be in the middle of an argument about who actually won!)
REGISTER BEFORE – AUG 31st
RIDE, RIDE, RIDE during event ride period September 25 – October 4, 2020.
Submit your TOTAL MILES RIDDEN as soon as you complete your century or no later than October 5th.
The Hawai‘i Ride of the Century is an untimed unassisted ride in which riders roll at their own pace over a 10-day period. There are no official routes, start or finishing locations and riders can complete miles at any location worldwide.
Only the miles ridden during the “ride period” (September 24 – October 4, 2020) are part of the Hawai‘i Ride of the Century event. This gives all riders of every age, ability and location plenty of freedom to enjoy the routes of their choice in a non-competitive non-race environment.
The Hawai‘i Ride of the Century is an untimed unassisted non-competitive ride. We understand a lot can happen before and during the 10-day ride period and our priority is your safety.
If you are having challenges meeting your goal we encourage you to do your best. You will not be penalized or miss out on the fabulous finisher package if you do not meet your goal. The ride goal is just that, your goal. Your focus should be to ensure you are having fun, meeting riders through our platforms and making fantastic memories. Riding of any kind is an accomplishment and we celebrate any attempts you make.
The Hawaii Ride of the Century would not be possible without wonderful volunteers. If you are interest in supporting the event send us an email at events@HBL.org.
Volunteer Sign Up Coming Soon
Hawaii Bicycling League understands that unexpected situations arise all the time. Due to the infinite number of possible circumstances, we enforce a no exception cancellation / no refund policy. While we do feel compassion for those who are unable to participate due to unforeseen circumstances, we are also are grateful for your donation and support.
Registrations and any cost incurred by registrant associated with a ride are non-refundable and non-transferable. Forfeited registrations are treated as a donation.