HBL is holding it’s first-ever Cycle Swap Meet on December 15th (Sunday), 2019, from 1pm – 4pm, in conjunction with the Honolulu Men’s Shed. This event is a member benefit as well as fundraiser for the Hawaii Bicycling League and the Honolulu Men’s Shed, both local 501(c)3 non-profits.
What might you find at the Cycle Swap Meet?
- New bikes (such as road bikes, mountain bikes, hybrids, vintage bikes, cruisers, recumbents, tricycles, custom-builds.)
- Used bikes (see possible types of bikes above!)
- Bicycle parts – wheel sets, hubs, handlebars, grips, cassettes, shifters, pedals, fenders… Maybe that one elusive part you’ve been looking for everywhere to complete your dream bike build!
- Bicycle-related items – floor pumps, cycling accessories, bike-related attire, bike lights, home decor featuring our favourite thing (bicycles), and more!
- Beautiful wood carved items and gifts made by those at the Men’s Shed like koa paddles, hand-crafted kitchen items, holiday decorations, and other gorgeous wood creations.
Looking to sell some of your spare bike parts, bicycle(s) longing to be ridden, or bike-related accessories/items? Be a vendor at the Cycle Swap Meet and get rid of the extra bike things you have sitting around your house (…that means more space for new bike things!). Each Vendor is provided one (1) table (6′ x 2.5′), one (1) chair, and 8′ x 8′ Booth Space at the Honolulu Men’s Shed, unless otherwise noted in your Vendor Application. Vendors are allowed to share a table with someone else (this is to be arranged by the Vendors). Vendors are responsible for all their monetary transactions.
If you have any items left that you don’t want to take back with you, you are able to leave it at the Men’s Shed to be donated or given away.
$30.00 for Non-Members
$20.00 for HBL Members (current as of 12/15/19)
We are also asking for 10% of proceeds to be donated if sales exceed $200.00 at the end of the day.
Vendor fees are donations to HBL, a 501(c)3 non-profit, and are tax-deductible.
Vendor applications are due in by 12/09/19.
Not interested in selling, but want to check out the array of sweet bike things there? We invite you to come out to peruse neat bikes, parts, and bicycle-related items, most at bargain prices! The Cycle Swap Meet is open to the public. Find something awesome for the bike-lover you know, holiday season is right around the corner! Who knows what kind of treasures might you come across!
$2 for Non-Members
Entry fee will be collected at the door. Doors are open 12/15/19 to the public from 1:00PM till 4:00PM.
Parking will be available at the site for vendors and guests.
Volunteers needed! Go to volunteersignup.org/7WLLK to sign up to help 🙂
What’s the Honolulu Men’s Shed?
“Men’s Sheds create a space where men can pursue meaningful, creative interests and can socialize with other guys. They come to see what it’s all about and stay because it’s fun. They get involved in an intriguing activity, find guys they can talk story with, or just like hanging out with others.” Find out more about the first Men’s Shed in Hawai‘i at their website: HonoluluMensShed.org/about They are normally open on Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays from 9am – 12pm.
* Members of the Honolulu Men’s Shed get free Booth Space (because they are graciously allowing us to have the event in their space!). All proceeds sold from their booth sales go back to the Honolulu Men’s Shed.
Cycle Swap Meet Vendor Application – Click HERE to apply online to be a Vendor!
Click here to download a printable PDF form to fill out and send/email in.
Must be received by December 9th, 2019 (MON), 5:00PM:
By email to Malia@HBL.org
Or by post to: Hawaii Bicycling League
3442 Wai‘alae Avenue, Suite #1
Honolulu, HI 96816
(There will be a $25 charge on all returned checks.)