Education › Cycling Presentations › Cycling for Seniors (HBL.org/CyclingForSeniors)
It’s never too late to get into cycling. Find out how you can (yes, you!) get rolling at any age. Biking is not only beneficial for the aging body, but studies have proven that it’s beneficial for the aging mind as well. Kūpuna will learn about new ways to stay physically and mentally fit by bicycling outside or even on a stationary bike at home or at the gym (or by riding a trike!). This presentation will also introduce our Senior Cycling Program’s free on-trike workshops.
This indoor-style presentation can range from 10 – 60 minutes, depending on your schedule and can include (but is not limited to):
- Bicycling benefits for the mind and body specifically for those 50 years of age or better!
- Tips on getting started or getting back on the bike (after a few years, or decades!)
- Biking routes in your area and car-free bike paths
- Finding the most comfortable & convenient ride for you
- Hawaii Bicycling League’s Senior Cycling Program
Interested in having this presentation for your organization, center, or group? Contact the Adult Education Manager, Malia Harunaga, at Malia@HBL.org or (808) 735-5756, to request a free presentation tailored to your needs!