- About HBL
- Bike Laws
- Youth BikeEd
- Adult Education
- Commuter Mentor Program
- Jake Shimabukuro's PSA
- Farmers Insurance Game
- Events and Rides
- Honolulu Century Ride
- Events and Rides Calendar
- Group Rides
- Weekly Beginner Rides
- Weekly Intermediate Rides
- Weekly Advanced Rides
- Monthly Rides
- Annual Rides
- Haleiwa Metric Century Ride
- Zach's Ride in Paradise
- Find a Bike Shop
- Neighbor Island Organizations
- Report Dangerous Drivers to HPD
- Oahu Bike Map
- Oahu Bike Project
- Oahu Hill Climbs
- Report a Road Hazard
- Weekly Street Sweeping Schedule
- Six Month Street Sweeping Schedule
- Roberts Hawaii Training Video
- Mayor's Advisory Committee on Bicycling
- Still time to register! Join 2,000 other cyclists for a beautiful day of riding!
Aiea Hill Climbs
I love Aiea! Friendly neighbors and community, fresh air, green, and plenty of rain. There's also a couple of good climbs!
The average gradients are taken from Thomas Novikoff. For comparison - Makapuu Sandys-bound 5.87%.
My favorite - Aiea Heights Dr 6.3%. This one's killer, but short with some great views from the retirement home and loop trail. Beautiful heiau at the top, water and plenty of guava to eat. The road is narrow in some parts.
Most recommended - Kaamilo St 6.92% looks perfect. Think it's the long, steady climb for that gets me on the tail end of my rides. There's a nice break at the top as it loops around to Aiea Heights Dr.
Other! Halawa Heights 7.4%. Seems easier than Kaamilo, but I have a habit of meandering through neighborhoods when I can. Also has some nice views above Camp Smith.