- About HBL
- Bike Laws
- Youth BikeEd
- Adult Education
- Commuter Mentor Program
- Jake Shimabukuro's PSA
- Farmers Insurance Game
- Events and Rides
- Honolulu Century Ride
- Events and Rides Calendar
- Group Rides
- Weekly Beginner Rides
- Weekly Intermediate Rides
- Weekly Advanced Rides
- Monthly Rides
- Annual Rides
- Haleiwa Metric Century Ride
- Zach's Ride in Paradise
- Find a Bike Shop
- Neighbor Island Organizations
- Report Dangerous Drivers to HPD
- Oahu Bike Map
- Oahu Bike Project
- Oahu Hill Climbs
- Report a Road Hazard
- Weekly Street Sweeping Schedule
- Six Month Street Sweeping Schedule
- Roberts Hawaii Training Video
- Mayor's Advisory Committee on Bicycling
1. Ride with awareness and confidence! Read the Guide to Safe Bicycling in Hawaii.
2. A bicycle is a vehicle. Learn your bike's anatomy.
4. Ride in the same direction as traffic.
5. Obey stop signs/lights.
6. Signal, make eye contact.
7. Sidewalk riding is dangerous (illegal in Downtown & Waikiki). What are the laws?
8. Bicyclists may use full lane when lane is too narrow for a car and bicycle to pass safely side by side. (§291C-145)
9. Never compromise your personal safety for the convenience of others.
10. Wear a helmet! Watch the video to the bottom-right to make sure it’s properly fitted.
11. Ride Aloha. Make friends out there.
Bicycle Anatomy for Beginners
How to Fit a Bike Helmet